Professor S.M. Yiu
BSc CUHK; MS Temple University; PhD HK
Associate Head (Development); Professor
Tel: (+852) 2857 8242
Fax: (+852) 2559 8447
Professor Yiu received a BSc in Computer Science from the Chinese University of Hong Kong, a MS in Computer and Information Science from Temple University, and a PhD in Computer Science from The University of Hong Kong. He received two research output prizes, one from the department in 2013 and one from the faculty in 2006. He was selected for Outstanding Teaching Award by the University in 2009, the Teaching Excellence Award in the Department in 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2009, and 2010. He also received the Best Teacher Award of the Faculty of Engineering twice (2005 and 2009). Before he joined the Department as a faculty member, he has worked as an Analyst Programmer for a couple of years. Besides basic research, he has been involving in various industrial projectsinvolved in quite a number of industrial projects For more up-to-date information, please refer to my latest cv.
Computer Security, Cryptography, Bioinformatics
- Tze Hon Yuen, Ye Zhang, Siu Ming Yiu, Joseph K Liu, Identity-based encryption with post-challenge auxiliary inputs for secure cloud applications, ESORICS 2014 (Best Paper Award).
- Tat Wing Chim, Siu-Ming Yiu, Victor O.K. Li, Lucas Chi Kwong Hui, Jin Zhong, PRGA: Privacy-preserving recording & gateway-assisted authentication of power usage information for smart grid, IEEE Trans. Dependable Sec. Comput. (IEEE TDSC), 12(1), 85-97, 2015
- Zhian He, Wai Kit Wong, Ben Kao, David Wai-Lok Cheung, Rongbin Li, Siu-Ming Yiu, Eric Lo, SDB: A secure query processing system with data interoperability, PVLDB, 8(12), 1876-1887, 2015
- Tat Wing Chim, Siu-Ming Yiu, Lucas Chi Kwong Hui, Victor O.K. Li, VSPN: VANET-based secure and privacy-preserving navigation, IEEE Trans. on Computers, 63(2), 510-524, 2014
- Zoe L. Jiang, Junbin Fang, Frank Y.K. Law, Pierre K.Y. Lai, Ricci S.C. Ieong, Michael Y.K. Kwan, K.P. Chow, Lucas Chi Kwong Hui, Siu-Ming Yiu, Kevin K.H. Pun, Maintaining hard disk integrity with digital legal professional privilege (LPP) data, IEEE Trans. on Information Forensics and Security (IEEE TIFS), 8(5), 821-828, 2013.