Dr. Choi, Yi King
BEng, MPhil, PhD HK
Assistant Head (Teaching & Learning + Academic Development); Senior Lecturer
Tel: (+852) 2857 8442
Fax: (+852) 2559 8447
Dr. Choi received her BSc, MPhil and PhD degrees in Computer Science from the University of Hong Kong. She was selected for the Best Tutor Award in the Department in 2005 and was awarded the Li Ka Shing Prize for Best PhD Thesis in the Faculties of Dentistry, Engineering, Medicine and Science by HKU in 2009. She is also currently the Project Manager for the WATERMAN project (www.waterman.hku.hk) which is funded by The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust for developing a water quality forecast and management system for Hong Kong. Her current research interests include medical visualization, geometric computing and computer graphics.
Medical visualization, geometric computing and computer graphics
- Yi-King Choi, Xueqing Li, Fengguang Rong, Wenping Wang and Stephen Cameron, Determining the Directional Contact Range of Two Convex Polyhedra, Computer-Aided Design, vol. 42, no. 1, (2010), pp. 27-35.
- Yi-King Choi, Jung-Woo Chang, Wenping Wang, Myung-soo Kim and Gershon Elber, Continuous Collision Detection for Ellipsoids, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, vol. 15, no. 2, (2009), pp. 311-325.
- L. Lu, Y.K. Choi, W. Wang and M-S Kim, Variational 3D Shape Segmentation for Bounding Volume Computation, Computer Graphics Forum vol. 26, no. 3, EuroGraphics 2007, pp. 329-338.
- Y.K. Choi, W. Wang, Y. Liu and M.S. Kim, Continuous collision detection for elliptic disks, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 22, no. 2, (2006), pp. 213-224.
- W. Wang, Y.K. Choi, B. Chan, M.S. Kim, and J.Y. Wang, Efficient collision detection for ellipsoids using separating planes, Computing, vol. 72, (2004), pp. 235-246.