Dr. K.P. Chan
BSc(Eng), PhD HK
Tel: (+852) 2859 2185
Fax: (+852) 2559 8447
Dr. Chan received his BSc(Eng) and PhD from The University of Hong Kong in 1984 and 1989 respectively. He joined the Department in 1991 and is currently an Associate Professor.
Dr. Chan's main research areas are pattern recognition and Chinese Computing. His current research interests include recognition of handwritten and printed Chinese characters, Machine Learning techniques, Facial Expression Recognition and Chinese parsing.
Pattern Recognition, Chinese Computing, Facial Expression Recognition, Machine Learning
- Y. Chen & K. P. Chan, Using Data Mining Techniques And Rough Set Theory For Language Modeling, ACM Transactions on Asian Language Information Processing. 2007, 6.
- L. Zhang & K. P. Chan, A Study of Convolution Tree Kernel with Local Alignment, EACL 2009 Workshop on Geometrical Models of Natural Language Semantics, Athens, Greece. Athens, Greece, Association for Computational Linguistics, 2009, 25-32.
- L. Shang L. & K. P. Chan, Nonparametric Discriminant HMM and Application to Facial Expression Recognition, 2009 IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition, Miami, USA, IEEE Computer Society, 2009, 2090-2096.
- S. Si, D. Tao & K. P. Chan, Evolutionary Cross-Domain Discriminative Hessian Eigenmaps, IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, to appear.
- S. Si, D. Tao & K. P. Chan, Discriminative Hessian Eigenmaps for Face Recognition, Proc. ICASSP2010, to appear.
Recent Research Grants
- Marker Identification in Example-Based Machine Translation, Small Project Funding, 2008
- Graphical Models for Facial Expression Recognition, Seed Funding Programme for Basic Research, 2010.