Dr. Wong, Kenneth K.Y.
BEng CUHK; MPhil, PhD Cambridge
Tel: (+852) 2857 8443
Fax: (+852) 2559 8447
Dr. Wong received the BEng degree in Computer Engineering, with first class honors, from the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 1998. From 1998 to 2001, he studied in United Kingdom at the University of Cambridge, where he was a member of the Speech, Vision and Robotics Group in the Department of Engineering. He received the MPhil and PhD degrees, both in Computer Vision (Information Engineering), from the University of Cambridge in 2000 and 2001, respectively.
Since 2001, he has been with the Department of Computer Science at The University of Hong Kong, where he is now an associate professor. He served as the associate head of the department, being responsible for admissions and student affairs, from 2008 to 2012, and as the programme director of the BEng(CompSci) programme from 2008 to 2015.
Dr. Wong served as the vice-chairperson of ACM-HK from 2003 to 2005, and chaired the ACM Collegiate Programming Contest (Hong Kong) in 2003 and 2005. He has served as referee for various international conferences and journals, including ICCV, ECCV, ACCV, ICIP, PAMI, IJCV, IVC, etc.
Dr. Wong's research interests are in image processing, computer vision and computer graphics, including image segmentation and feature extraction, camera calibration, structure and motion from image sequence, and 3D model representation.
Camera calibration, 3D model reconstruction, motion estimation, motion tracking, image segmentation, digital video surveillance, face recognition, medical imaging.
- X. Zhu, X, Jia and K.-Y. K. Wong, Structured Forests for Pixel-Level Hand Detection and Hand Part Labelling, Computer Vision and Image Understanding (CVIU), (to appear).
- Z. Kuang and K.-Y. K. Wong, Relatively-Paired Space Analysis: Learning a Latent Common Space from Relatively-Paired Observations, International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), 113(3):176-192, July 2015.
- K. Han, K.-Y. K. Wong and M. Liu, A Fixed Viewpoint Approach for Dense Reconstruction of Transparent Objects, IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR2015), pages 4001-4008, Boston, USA, June 2015.
- D. Schnieders and K.-Y. K. Wong, Camera and Light Calibration from Reflections on a Sphere, Computer Vision and Image Understanding (CVIU), 117(10):1536-1547, October 2013.
- Z. Chen, K.-Y. K. Wong, Y. Matsushita, X. Zhu, Depth from Refraction Using a Transparent Medium with Unknown Pose and Refractive Index, International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), 102(1-3):3-17, March 2013.
Recent Research Grants
- "Research and Development on Techniques for Automatic Segmentation, Tracking and Reconstruction of Mitral Valve from 4DEchocardiogram", Innovation and Technology Support Programme (Tier 3) (ITS/089/14), PI, 2015-2016.
- "A Fixed Viewpoint Approach for Shape from Refraction", GRF (HKU 718113E), PI, 2014-2016.
- "An Advanced Video Fusion System for Security Investigations", Guangdong-Hong Kong Technology Cooperation Funding Scheme (GHP/060/11), Co-I, 2012-2014.
- "Matching Facial Composites to Partially Occluded or Disguised Faces for Law Enforcement and Crime Investigations", Innovation and Technology Support Programme (Tier 3) (ITS/301/11), PI, 2012-2013.
- "Using Face Recognition Result as Cue for Human Tracking System with Multiple Uncalibrated Cameras", Innovation and Technology Support Programme (Tier 3) (ITS/497/09), Co-I, 2010-2011.