Dr. Tam, Anthony T.C.
BSc EAOI; MAppSc QUT; PhD HK
Academic Advisor; Assistant Head (Admission); Lecturer
Tel: (+852) 2859 7073
Fax: (+852) 2559 8447
Dr. Tam obtained a professional qualification in medical imaging during his undergraduate studies in Polytechnic. While working as a radiographer in the hospital, he started exploring the fascinating computer world by studying through distance learning mode. He received a BSc with first class honor from the EAOI (which has transformed to the current Asia International Open University, Macau). He moved on with the computer studies at Queensland University of Technology (Australia) and obtained his Master degree in 1996. He obtained his PhD in Computer Science from The University of Hong Kong in 2002. During his association with the Department of Computer Science, he has been selected as an outstanding tutor for 3 years.
Cluster Computing, Parallel Computing, High-speed Communication, Operating Systems Concept and Performance Benchmarking
- A.T.C. Tam and C.L. Wang, Contention-Aware Communication Schedule For High-Speed Communication, Cluster Computing: The Journal of Networks, Software Tools and Application, pp 337-351, Vol. 6, No. 4, 2003
- C.L. Wang, A.T.C. Tam, B.W.L. Cheung, W.Z. Zhu and C.M. Lee, Directed Point: A Communication Subsystem for Commodity Supercomputing with Gigabit Ethernet, Journal of Future Generation Computer Systems, pp 401-420, Vol. 18, No. 3, 2002.
- A.T.C. Tam and C.L. Wang, Contention-free Complete Exchange Algorithms on Clusters, IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing (CC2000), Chemnitz, Germany, Dec 2000
- A.T.C. Tam and C.L. Wang, Efficient Scheduling of Complete Exchange on Clusters, The 13th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing Systems (PDCS 2000), Las Vegas, USA, Aug 2000
- A.T.C. Tam and C.L. Wang, Realistic Communication Model for Parallel Computing on Cluster, IEEE International Workshop on Cluster Computing (IWCC 99), Melbourne, Australia, Dec 1999