Professor Reynold C.K. Cheng has been selected for the Faculty Knowledge Exchange Award 2021 in recognition of his outstanding accomplishments achieved in his KE project named "HINCare: A Heterogeneous Information Network for Elderly-Care Helper Recommendation".
HINCare is an AI platform that enables timebanking, in which a volunteer can earn time credits for performing a service (e.g., taking an elder to a clinic). The time credits can be used to purchase a service provided by another volunteer. This not only enables elders to help each other, cultivating a mutual-help culture, but also enables healthy ageing, which is important to Hong Kong and other metropolitan cities where population ageing has become a very serious problem. HINCare employs a Heterogenous Information Network to store the relationship information among elders, helpers, and NGOs. The HIN is then used to perform elder-helper matching for timebanking.
HINCare is downloadable in Apple and Google Play Store, and has been serving more than 1,000 elders and helpers in a few NGOs, including SKH and CSFC, two of the largest NGOs in Hong Kong. A few more NGOs will join us in the next three years. The system won a HKU Faculty Knowledge Exchange Award 2021, and a Merit for the Asia Smart App Awards 2020.
For more details, please visit the homepage of HINCare: https://www.hincare.hku.hk
- Prof. Reynold C.K. Cheng , Department of Computer Science, Project Coordinator
- Prof. Terry Lum, Department of Social Work and Social Administration, Co-Investigator
- Prof. Ben Kao, Department of Computer Science, Co-Investigator
- Dr. Hao Luo, Department of Social Work and Social Administration, Department of Computer Science, Co-Investigator
- Fred Li, Department of Computer Science, Project Manager
- Tony Ho, Department of Computer Science, Software Engineer
- Kit Wong, Department of Computer Science, Software Engineer
- Isaac Cheung, Department of Computer Science, Software Engineer
- Jessie Lin, Department of Computer Science, UX&UI Designer