Dr. D. Schnieders
Tel: (+852) 2857 8440
Fax: (+852) 2559 8447
Dirk Schnieders graduated with a Diplom-Informatiker (FH) degree from the Fachhochschule Dortmund (Germany) in 2004 and received his MSc and PhD in Computer Science from The University of Hong Kong in 2007 and 2011. Currently, he is a Lecturer at the Department of Computer Science, The University of Hong Kong.
Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- D. Schnieders and K.-Y. K. Wong, Camera and Light Calibration from Reflections on a Sphere, Computer Vision and Image Understanding, 2013
- G. Pan, L. Shang, D. Schnieders and K.-Y. K. Wong, Mode Seeking with an Adaptive Distance Measure, 3rd IEEE International Workshop on Analysis and Retrieval of Tracked Events and Motion in Imagery Streams (ARTEMIS), pages 213-222, Firenze, Italy, October 2012
- Z. Kuang, D. Schnieders, H. Zhou, K.-Y. K. Wong, Y. Yu and B. Peng, Learning Image-Specific Parameters for Interactive Segmentation, IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR2012), Rhode Island, USA, June 2012
- Z. Chen, K.-Y. K. Wong, M. Liu and D. Schnieders, Single-View Reconstruction from an Unknown Spherical Mirror, Proc. International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP2011), pages 2733-2736, Brussels, Belgium, September 2011
- D. Schnieders, X. Fu and K.-Y. K. Wong, Reconstruction of Display and Eyes from a Single Image, IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR2010), pages 1442-1449, San Francisco, CA, USA, June 2010
- D. Schnieders, K.-Y. K. Wong and Z. Dai, Polygonal Light Source Estimation, Asian Conference on Computer Vision (ACCV2009), volume III, pages 96-107, Xi'an, China, September 2009
- K.-Y. K. Wong, D. Schnieders and S. Li, Recovering Light Directions and Camera Poses from a Single Sphere, European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV2008), volume I, pages 631-642, Marseille, France, October 2008
- S. Li, K.-Y. K. Wong and D. Schnieders, Using Illumination Estimated from Silhouettes to Carve Surface Details on Visual Hull, British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC08), volume 2, pages 895-904, Leeds, UK, September 2008
Recent Research Grants
- "Research and Development on Techniques for Automatic Segmentation, Tracking and Reconstruction of Mitral Valve from 4D Echocardiogram", Innovation and Technology Support Programme (Tier 3) (ITS/089/14), Co-I, 2015-2016.
- "Matching Facial Composites to Partially Occluded or Disguised Faces for Law Enforcement and Crime Investigations", Innovation and Technology Support Programme (Tier 3) (ITS/301/11), Co-I, 2012-2013.