Applicants who wish to apply for admission to the Programme 6262 Bachelor of Engineering in Data Science and Engineering (BEng(DS&E)) may apply through one of the following schemes, namely JUPAS, Non-JUPAS, International Admissions Scheme and Admission of Undergraduate Students from the Mainland1, in the same admission year.
BEng(DS&E) will begin its initial intake in the 2022/23 academic year, with 30 intake places subject to the final approval of HKU at a later date.
(1) National Joint College Entrance Examination (NJCEE) examinees, HK/Macau/Taiwan NJCEE examinees; and Mainland University students should apply through the scheme "Admission of Undergraduate Students from the Mainland" co-ordinated by the Registry. More information is available at http://www.aal.hku.hk/admissions/mainland/.
JUPAS Route (JUPAS Code: JS6262)
Applicants who wish to apply for admission, on the strength of their Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) examination results, should submit their application via the Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS) admissions scheme. The entrance requirements for admission to HKU Engineering are as follows:
A. Level 3 or above in English Language;
B. Level 3 or above in Chinese Language;
C. Level 3 or above in Mathematics (core);
D. Level 2 or above in Liberal Studies;
E. Level 3 or above in two Elective Subjects2; and
F. Level 3 or above in Mathematics Extended Part (Module 1 or 2)
(2) One of these elective subjects can be M1 or M2 subject to the approval of HKU
Non-JUPAS / International Admissions Route
Applicants with other local/ international/ national qualifications will be considered on an individual merit basis. Examples of some common qualifications are:
- GCE A-Level
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination
- STPM/UEC under the Malaysian examination system
- Advanced Placement (AP) Test under the US system
- Associate Degree/Higher Diploma
Candidates applying for admission on the strengths of other qualifications should submit their applications through HKU’s Non-JUPAS Admissions Scheme / International Admissions Scheme. Applicants are required to satisfy the University Entrance Requirements for Non-JUPAS students. Preference will be given to candidates who list BEng(DS&E) programme as their first choice. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews between December and May.