June 26, 2017
Computer Science Advisory Committee Meeting 2017
Ten external members of the Computer Science Advisory Committee were at the Department of Computer Science on June 16, 2017 to give advice and comments on the recent development of the Department including admission to undergraduate programme, proposal of new programmes, implementation of outcome-based learning approach, and advances in pedagogy, and also to discuss with our academic staff on the strategies for future development of the Department.
The ten external members from the industry are:
- Mr. Andy Bien from the Hong Kong Airport Authority
- Mr. Victor Lam from the Office of the Government Chief Information Officer
- Mr. Roy Lee from the ICO Group
- Ir. Ted Suen from the MTR Corporation Limited
- Mr. Tony Tai from the IBM China/Hong Kong Limited
- Mr. Alvin Tsang from the Hong Kong Jockey Club
- Dr. C.K. Wong from the iASPEC Services Limited
- Ms. Joelle Woo from the Microsoft Hong Kong Limited
- Mr. Peter Yan from the SUNeVision Holdings Limited
- Ms. Amelia Yeung from the Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Our deepest gratitude to the external advisors for attending the meeting and generously sharing their insightful comments with staff of the Department.
CS staff who joined the meeting were Professor Wenping Wang (Head of Department), Professor Francis Lau (Associate Dean of Engineering), Professor Ben Kao (Deputy Head of Department), Dr. Reynold Cheng, Professor David Cheung, Dr. K.P. Chow, Dr. C.K. Chui, Dr. Anthony Tam, Professor C.L. Wang and Dr. S.M. Yiu.