Home | Intranet | Privacy | Contact Us




Notes to non-local students on obtaining visa

Non-local students, including those from the Mainland China, must obtain a visa in order to study in Hong Kong. Without a valid visa, they cannot register for their study in the University. The student visa will also enable students to enter Hong Kong as students.

The application procedures for a student visa to Hong Kong are available on the Centre of Development and Resources for Students (CEDARS) website at http://cedars.hku.hk

All applicants for a student visa to HKSAR are required to have a local sponsor. Students* coming to HKU should nominate CEDARS to be their visa sponsor by completing and returning to CEDARS an application form for visa sponsorship with all the required documents and payment.

* Mainland China students enrolled in taught postgraduate programme, should apply to the China Affairs Office <http://www.als.hku.hk/hkucao/svapp_e.php/> for visa sponsorship.

All non-Hong Kong students who intend to stay for more than 6 months should obtain a Hong Kong Identity Card after their arrival.


All enquiries about the MSc in Computer Science Programme should be made to the Programme Office between office hours: 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.; 1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., Mondays to Fridays, and on Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon. Preferred mode of enquiry is by email.

E-mail : msccs@cs.hku.hk
Fax : (852) 2547 4442
Phone : (852) 3917 1828

Department of Computer Science The University of Hong Kong 香港大學 計算機科學系