To be eligible for admission to the programmes, a candidate shall satisfy both the University Admissions Requirements and the Programme Specific Requirements as listed below:
- shall comply
with the General Regulations;
- shall hold a Bachelor’s degree of this University or a qualification of equivalent standard from this University or another comparable institution accepted for this purpose;
- for a candidate who is seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong of which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English, shall satisfy the University English language requirement applicable to high degrees as prescribed under General Regulation G2(b).
- satisfy the examiners in a qualifying examination if required.
English Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants who wish to be admitted to higher degrees on the basis of a qualification from a university or a comparable institution outside Hong Kong where the language of teaching and/or examination is not English are required to obtain:
- a score of 550 or above (paper-based test) or 80 or above (internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Applicants who took the TOEFL should request the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send an official score report to the University directly. For this purpose, the TOEFL code of the University is 9671. [It is a policy of the TOEFL Policy Council to validate scores which are obtained within a two-year period. The University therefore accepts this two-year validity rule in the admission exercise]; or
- a minimum overall band of 6 with no subtest lower than 5.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
- grade C or above in the Overseas General Certificate of Education (GCE); or
- grade C or above in the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE); or
- grade C or above in the Cambridge Test of Proficiency in English Language;
unless in exceptional circumstances they are exempted from this requirement.