The composition fee for each 6 credit-units in MSc(CompSc) is HK$10,000*. The dissertation, which is equivalent to 24 credits, has a composition fee of $40,000*. The total composition fees are therefore as follows:
- 48 credit-units (8 courses) + dissertation:
(HK$10,000* x 8) + (HK$40,000*) = HK$120,000*
Students who select to study a course from the MSc(ECom&IComp) programme have to pay HK$12,500* per 6-credit course.
* Pending for University’s approval
Fees for enrolled courses are paid on semester basis. The first instalment of composition fees of 12 credit-units is payable at the time of acceptance of an offer of admission.
Generally composition fees for cancelled enrolment before specified deadline are not refunded, but can be used to pay for another enrolled course or carried over to the next semester as credit. (Subject to the approval by the University)
For Hong Kong residents
Some of our courses have been included in the list of reimbursable courses for the Hong Kong Continuing Education Fund (CEF) which
provides reimbursement up to HK$10,000 for eligible local students. More details available at: http://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef/index.htm
For PRC candidates
- PRC students who have successfully applied and been offered a place in the Master of Science in Computer Science as full-time students in Hong Kong have an opportunity to have their composition fees reduced if they apply and are awarded The China Postgraduate Scholarships for Computer Science.
- The maximum number of scholarships for 2017-18 is thirty, with a maximum value of HK$30,000 each.
- The scholarships shall be used to meet part of the composition fees for a full-time programme of studies leading to the degree of Master of Science in Computer Science.
- The scholarships shall be awarded mainly on the basis of academic merits.