Thanks GroupSense for funding this award!
The following two papers received the Best Paper Awards: (1) "Debugging OpenStack Problems using a State Graph Approach" by Yong Xiang, Hu Li, Sen Wang, Charley Peter Chen, and Wei Xu; and (2) "Time Capsule: Tracing Packet Latency across Different Layers in Virtualized Systems" by Kun Suo, Jia Rao, Luwei Cheng, and Francis C.M. Lau. Congratulations!
The registration desk will open at 8 AM on August 4 & 5.
Call this HOTLINE if you need any help during the 2-day workshop: 5626 4411 (voice only).
The Venue page has been updated.
A typhoon (Nida) is approaching Hong Kong, but according to official reports, it should be completely clear of the way by Wednesday and things will be back to normal then. So please stay assured that APSys 2016 will be held as scheduled. Expect a bit or rain though during the two days of our workshop.
The Accommodation page is updated. Please book your hotel ASAP!
Building on the success of its 2010-2015 predecessors in New Delhi, India; Shanghai, China; Seoul, South Korea; Singapore; Beijing, China and Tokyo, Japan. APSys 2016 will continue to be a lively forum for systems researchers and practitioners across the world to meet, interact, and collaborate with their peers from the Asia/Pacific region. The 2016 ACM APsys will be held in Hong Kong, China from August 4-5, 2016. We take a broad view of computer systems, and solicit papers on topics such as:
- Operating systems, their interaction with hardware architecture and programming languages, and vice versa
- Virtualization, including its novel applications
- File and storage systems
- Network systems including both wired and wireless networks
- Mobile, embedded and pervasive systems
- Cloud computing and data center management
- Systems for Big Data Analytics
- Distributed systems
- Internet of Things
- System energy characterization and optimization
- Testing and verification of computer systems
- Measurement, monitoring, and modeling
- Reliability, scalability, and fault tolerance
- Security and privacy
- Experience with deployed systems
- Application of interesting research ideas to computer systems, such as machine learning, stochastic modeling, new algorithms.